Using video in an Edtech company’s customer journey can be a powerful tool for improving customer engagement and satisfaction. Video offers numerous advantages over traditional methods of communication, such as audio or text-based messaging. Here are five reasons why incorporating video into your Edtech company’s customer journey is essential:
1. Lead Generation – Utilising video in the lead generation process can help capture attention and spark interest. Video content can showcase products, explain features, or demo how the system works. This visual element helps to make the message more engaging and effective.
2. Opportunity Creation – Creating videos for customer opportunities effectively demonstrates value and shows potential customers what they could gain from your Edtech product. You can make videos that explain how the system works, walk customers through use cases, and provide an overview of what makes your solution unique.
3. Onboarding – Getting customers up to speed with new software or processes is often difficult. Video content helps reduce onboarding time by providing step-by-step instructions on how to use the product. It can also help break down complex topics into easily digestible chunks, making it easier for customers to understand your Edtech solution.
4. Training – Videos are a great way to provide ongoing training and support to customers. You can create helpful tutorials that show customers how to use specific features, explain why certain processes are important, or provide helpful tips and tricks. Video content also helps break down complex concepts into easier-to-understand information.
5. Handover to Customer Success – After onboarding is completed, it’s essential that customers feel well taken care of as they transition from the sales process to the customer success team. Videos can help bridge this gap by providing helpful advice and instructions on making the most of their experience with your Edtech solution.
In addition to these five areas, incorporating video into an Edtech company’s customer journey can be used to upsell and cross-sell additional products or services. By leveraging the power of video, you can showcase additional features that customers may not have previously considered, making it easier to generate additional revenue.
According to Google, 68% of YouTube users watch videos to help them make purchase decisions, emphasising the importance of video in the awareness and consideration stages.
A study by Wyzowl found that 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service, showcasing the video’s role in educating customers.
HubSpot reports that 50% of consumers prefer video content over other forms like emails, social media posts, and blogs, highlighting the demand for video throughout the customer journey.
Animoto’s survey found that 73% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video that explains it, illustrating the video’s impact on the decision-making process.
Research by Invodo revealed that shoppers who view video content are 1.81 times more likely to purchase non-viewers, emphasising the power of video in driving conversions.
According to MarketingSherpa, viewers spend 100% more time on web pages with videos, which can lead to increased engagement and brand recall.
A study by Adobe found that 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide consider video as the content with the best return on investment (ROI), further demonstrating its value throughout the customer journey.
In summary, incorporating video into an Edtech company’s customer journey is essential for improving customer engagement and satisfaction. It helps customers understand how to use the product and provides helpful tips and advice on how to make the most out of their experience with your Edtech solution. Ultimately, videos can help you increase lead generation, create opportunities, onboard customers faster, provide better training and handover to customer success smoother, and increase revenue from upsells and cross-sells. As such, it is essential that Edtech companies include video in their customer journey.
Social Selling Certification
The only ISP Endorsed Certified Social Selling Programme with DLA Ignite.
Social Selling Certification
The only ISP Endorsed Certified Social Selling Programme
Our DLA Ignite Social Selling and Influence course stands apart as the only training and coaching programme endorsed by the prestigious Institute of Sales Professionals.